Bridge 392

SP 5610 9895 - Height 17'6", Span 25'8"

Bridge 392 was a three arch brick built bridge which carried a footpath over the line. The cutting which this structure bridged has now been completely infilled and no trace of the bridge remains. Immediately to the south-east of this bridge was a clay pit or "ballast hole" from which many well known pictures of the line were taken. This has been filled in along with the line. The pit and the line have now been incorporated into the adjacent farmland. To the north the infill disappears as the line returns to a short stretch of embankment. This embankment marks the extreme southern limit of The Great Central Way footpath.

Click on the thumbnails below to view the high resolution images.

Bridge 392 looking south in the 1890's